Call Trace feature allows you to have obscene or threatening calls traced automatically on most numbers.
How To Use:
- 1. When you receive an obscene or harassing call, just hang up.
- 2. Wait 10 seconds, pick up your phone again and listen for a normal dial tone.
- 3. Press *57 (or dial 1157 on a rotary dial phone). Listen for a confirmation announcement that the last call has been traced. Hang up.
- 4. If the details of the call you are attempting to trace are not available, you will receive an error message instead of a confirmation announcement.
- 5. The numbers you traced will be recorded at the telephone company. If you decide to follow up on the matter, we'll provide the numbers to the local authorities.